Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dark Age: Cesspool

Well, I got pretty tired of proxying this guy while he sat half painted on my desk. So, I decided to sling some paint and get him finished up. I cant say I'm terribly impressed with how he turned out. He is such a strange sculpt, and very hard to paint properly. With that big coat on, he is all smooth and rounded without a lot of crisp detail. I wouldn't say the fig lacks coolness because of that, but it definitely made him more difficult paint. This wasn't helped by the fact that I picked an extremely nuetral, dark color to paint him in, so a lot of the highlights get lost, especially in the pictures.
But after all, he is for the table top and I think he will look just fine for that purpose.

Thanks for looking!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...