Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

Well, I got this done and only just barely before the deadline. About an hour and a half before the deadline!
Wouldn't have mattered terribly if I hadn't, but it does sort of zap the fun out of contests if nobody endeavors to finish on time.
I am pretty pleased with her. I hope the new owner will be as well. The painting went pretty smooth at first as I had  a pretty good mental image of how I wanted her to look in the end. The only part that really gave me struggles was the big feathers draped across the back of her cloak. I knew I wanted them to be somewhat eye catching since the rest of the model is painted in such nuetral, subdued colors.I wanted to steer clear of bright parrot looking feathers, because that would just look goofy in my opinion.
  When I hit a snag such as this, I usually let my wife have a look and see what she thinks. Two sets of eyes and all that jazz. She asked if I thought doing bright phoenix type feathers would work, and I had a DUH! moment. Why hadn't I thought of that? I am really pleased with how they turned out. So, props to the wife unit on that one.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...