Sunday, November 18, 2012

5 Dwarf miners in 5 days:Day 3

The third day was a fairly large step in getting the Dwarves more complete looking. I laid down the bronze colored metals and base coats for the beards.

GW Tin bitz was used as the base for the bronze. I really use this  any time I will be doing a yellow or orange metallic color, as I think it helps add a nice, rich tone to start with.
I followed up with a slight highlight of VMC copper. Didn't want this layer to be too terribly bright so as to keep the darker look that Miners ought to have.

The beards were based with VMC grey green. As a side note, I really don't understand why they call it grey green, I see no amount of green hue in it myself.
I then went ahead and washed the beards with VMC German grey.
The beards are not finished at this point but this was all the further I got.
I also went ahead and painted the weapon hafts flat black.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...