Monday, April 1, 2013

Kiddy toy painting challenge

Well, over on the Dragon Painting forum, Angora runs a monthly painting competition for kicks and giggles as well as a way to get painters to push their realms of comfort.

This months challenge was a pretty different one, so I thought I would show ya what I come up with, and the process I take for it.

Basically, we are to find a dinky plastic toy of some sort, prime it up and paint it.
Should be pretty cool to see what everyone comes up with.
After rooting around in  my kids toy box, I was allowed to take an old Mcdonalds happy meal toy. (Think it was McD's anyway) Think it is a Ben10 toy but I honestly couldn't say with much surety.

Here is what I'm starting with.

All primed and glued to a base now. I hope to start slinging the paint tonight. All those big open surfaces may ground this project before I get too far, but I will try to persevere through to the end.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...